Saturday, September 4, 2010

The HERE and NOW!

I've made it and it has been QUITE the ride thus far ALREADY!
Mama Mac and I packed up the Mazda 3 (this was when I wish I owned a fuel efficient truck... if there is such a thing) and drove 13 hours from Ladner to Edmonton. We left at 5:37 am and got here at about 6:45 ish pm B.C time.

Driving through Chilliwack at 6:45am... it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
On the road slowly making our way
Clara welcomed us with such a wonderful warm welcome and was EAGER to show us the new home she has been working on for so long. And let me tell you... IT IS BEAUTIFUL. Basically a room out of an IKEA catalog.

After we moved ALL of my stuff in (thank you to Travis (Caleb's roommate, Clara and Mom)... we just sat around and talked... relaxed and figured out everything we needed to do for the next day.

We accomplished A LOT! I ended up getting a mattress and some other extra things we needed for our apartment from IKEA and then we went to Costco and bought some bulk foods... and also enjoyed some free samples *so wonderful!

Then... GET THIS, Jackie one of my dear friends from Quest drove out from Lloydminster to visit for the weekend. SUCH A SHOCKER! THEN... another GET THIS moment, she was saying she had a coffee date with a friend at 11:00pm... and I BOUGHT IT! So she left and I was falling asleep while chatting up a storm with Clara. Next thing you know at about 12:00 in the morning, MAFIZZLE LEHR (Melissa Fehr) saunters in. My response "WHAT THE FRICK?!" She flew into Edmonton after she worked Friday to come and surprise me.

Needless to say, all of these surprises have been WONDERFUL! A good start to a wonderful year and probably the best birthday gifts I have received. I'm blown away because the LORD has blessed me over and over again with great family, great friends and a wonderful life. I don't understand how I deserve this all... and I truly feel like I don't. Yet, God just LOVES on me over and over again.

Pops flew in this morning and has already left with Ma and they are in Jasper now I believe but I'm SO glad that they could both come for a little bit of time. It was EXTREMELY helpful to have them help me settle in and get a little more comfortable with the town. Caleb is here now as well and it has been fun already.
The first look of EDMONTON... my first thoughts, "where are the mountains?"
But the LORD has poured out His blessing and has been FAITHFUL to me all of the time. It's been a beautiful thing to experience as well as overwhelming. I have felt so LOVED and at home here already.
I am HERE NOW... and it has been lovely!
My friends are great...
My family is great...
The LORD provides them all which makes Him AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment