Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Seat Assignment DIY

Travis and I decided that we would try doing a seating chart. When we started putting all of our guests at tables, it ended up being one of the easiest parts of our wedding planning, and a really great idea for us. And to top it all off... EVERYONE who R.S.V.P'd to come to our wedding actually CAME! We had NO no shows. Pretty amazing, and almost unheard of. 

 
This is how our beautiful Seating Chart ended up looking. My Maid of Honor (Clara of PS: Heart), did ALL of the calligraphy, and I am SO grateful! She is one of the most talented people I know, and I was STOKED that she agreed to do this project for us.

It all started with my very generous friend Jen, she got married in May of 2011, and she said that she had so many pieces of wedding decoration left over that I could use whatever I wanted. I was one blessed bride.

So Jen's husband (Tyler) is a real handy man. He made this amazing chalk board with easel, and I wanted to use them. Jen suggested that I re-paint it with chalk board paint and use charcoal pencil to write the names. It is so helpful to recycle a wedding. It saves money, and time. I was so thankful for Jen and how she helped me with many crafts and decorations as well (THANKS JEN!)

This is after I repainted the board.

The beauty about a charcoal pencil is that you can have neatness and detail without giving up the chalk effect. Clara did SUCH a good job on this board... just look at this detail!

I bought the charcoal pencil at Micheal's (approx. $4.00 for a 2 pack of white charcoal pencils) and the chalk board paint from the Home Depot (approx. $15.00). I loved the way this chalk board seating plan turned out. It was unique and rustic with a smidge of vintage.

I loved it. Thanks again Clara!

4 comments: